Sunday, February 17, 2013


(Front, left to right) Joanna and Barb G
(Back row, left to right) Melissa, Loretta, Angie, Barb L, Trisha
I am Melissa, a quilter and crafter who truly loves to create time worn treasures. I am always on the lookout for anything rusty, dusty and old; if it speaks to me it comes home with me. How do you think I found my husband of 32 years? I’m just kidding, he is the love of my life and my best friend who is willing to trek through antique shops, garage sales and oh my gosh, let us not forget the WORLDS LONGEST YARD SALE that runs right through our little town!! And people ask what brought you to TN, should I fess up?  Nah… I just say retirement. (But I am not retired!!)

Just a little about myself. I started Sew Southern Quilts a few years ago as a small “on-line" business on ETSY and have been unbelievably blessed with the success of my business. I wanted to share with others the love I have for quilts, primitive needfuls and homemade things. The feel and look of quilts and quilted items remind me of simpler times and days gone by; they are reminiscence of home and family. My hope is you will find that special something to add to your home or share with your family and friends. I am open 24 hours a day so stop in and take a look around. http://www.etsy.com/shop/Sewsouthernquilts

In addition to Sew Southern Quilts, I have expanded my business with Joanna Walker at Mountain Laurel Crafts in Loretta’s Sewin Room. Together we have a beautiful assortment of dolls, table runners, wall hangings, Christmas ornaments, ornies, purses and wallets.  Stop in and see for yourself. Joanna Walker has been teaching in the area for a number of years and is an avid quilter, crafter and beautiful artist. If you have an opportunity to take one of her classes, do so. You will be so pleased.

Since moving to Tennessee I have been so blessed to have friends who are like minded and together we enjoy each other’s company, share tips and tricks of quilting. We are very much like a family, ever growing and learning about one another. Loretta Vaughn of Loretta’s Sewin’ Room has provided us a home for this sharing of our craft through classes, helpful tips and sewing’ room to hang out; her love of quilting and generous spirit of time, talent and space give us a place to meet and enjoy each other’s company.
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you come visit us. We truly appreciate your support of our craft and look forward to meeting you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment