Sunday, August 18, 2013

Road Trip to Stitcher's Garden, Franklin, Tennessee

This past Thursday, my quilting buddies and I went on a road trip to Franklin, Tennessee, to a wonderful Quilt/Fabric Shop, Stitcher's Garden.  There are over 8,000 bolts of fabric and thousands of fat quarters, rolled up into thin cigars and placed in bins everywhere. I warned the girls they would be overwhelmed when they got there but I really could not truly describe what they were going to see.  OMG......fabric everywhere.  Bolt after Bolt from floor to ceiling.  For me....when I go there if I don't have a plan or an idea of what I'm looking for.....I would go into fabric coma...lol.....

The fabrics are, believe it or not organized by colors, holiday, designer, type........but they are everywhere.  There is a complete wall, floor to ceiling of just patterns.  Quilt patterns, jacket patterns, craft patterns, purse patterns.....get the idea?   I had a plan and knew what I was looking for.  Melissa just picked out what she needed, Barbara and Barbara bought a little but I think they were a little overwhelmed and Angie......who we should have kept a better eye on, won the prize and bought the most.

We left the fabric shop and headed to downtown historical Franklin and ate at a great Deli/Bakery.  They have the best Chicken Salad I have every had and Cinnamon Raisin Bread.  We walked thru some antique shops and then decided it was time to head home.  We live about 1 1/2 hours from Franklin and it was a long day.  But such a fun day with great friends.  I have decided to go back with my hubby and take him to lunch at the great deli.
 
 

Just look at all this fabric.
 Barb is trying to decide
if this is the right colors
to pick.

And here we are with
our bags of goodies.

Thanks guys had a great day.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment