Thursday, June 20, 2013

Having a Little Down Time

So today I'm off to see my favorite surgeon.  I'm having another pre cancerous mole removed. So I have collected some of my hand sewing projects and piled them on my night stand next to the bed.  This way I can rest, recoup and get some hand sewing done.  We delayed our trip out west for this, but we also ordered a new RV.  It will be a 2014, Tiffin, Allegro, Red.  It's an upgrade from gas to diesel and has a king size bed, full size frig and washer and dryer.  So we have to wait till it's built and then head to Memphis to trade out. From there we plan to head west for a while.  Meanwhile, after my stitches come out we plan to take a few days and go over to  Pigeon Forge and do the tourist thing there.  There is a great trail to drive called the Crafter's Loop that I hope to drive on.  Miles of different shops, artists and places to eat.  Plus on the way is the best Christmas Shop that's 3 floors high  and full of wonderful Christmas Decorations.  Johnny's excited because he wants to eat at the Apple Barn every day.  He loves the apple fritters and its fine with me cause I won't have to cook.  I will probably pack the sewing machine and some hand sewing for the evenings we just stay around and relax.

I am starting to work on new purses and wallets and the purses will now have zippers.  I also have a few more table runners coming and new will be the mug rugs.  Various designs and prices.  Some come in pairs, some have applique on them and some may even have a pocket for your fork and spoon.  These make a great Birthday, Get Well and Teachers Gift.

Ornies will be back again this year, some new and the most popular from last year.  I will be making up fat quarter bundles to sell and have scrap bags galore in the shop now.  Great for small piecing and applique work.

I'm putting together a few classes and will have dates real soon.  We also plan a sidewalk sale sometime in July.  Just another week and that date will be posted.

Now just to let you all know, I do take orders from online customers.  You can email me at mountainlaurelcrafts@gmail.com.  Place your order and when your check clears I will mail the item.

I also have a 10' Bernina Quilting Frame for sale. It will also close to half size.  It's the FRAME ONLY, no machine.  You use your own domestic machine on it.  And I don't think it has to be a Bernina.  Retail is $2,400 and I'm asking $1,880 obo.  If your interested email me and I'll send pictures and more info. I used it once and never went back to it.  I love piecing more than quilting so I send my work out. 

So time to head on out.  Lunch first then Doctor.  You all have a wonderful weekend. Happy Sewing.
Would love to heard from you all.  Any requests or comments would be greatly appreciated. 

Hugs  Joanna

No comments:

Post a Comment