Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Rainbows End Quilt Shop and Country Quilts and Bears

The first quilt shop we went to was the farthest away.  Rainbows End Quilt Shop had 5 stars next to the name and I was told it was huge.  And HUGE it was.  Several large rooms filled with fabrics to die for. One room was just designated to Christmas.  Then rows by colors and patterns splattered all over.  Johnny and I saw a real cute purse sample hanging on a rack.  So he went in search of the pattern while I tried to find fabrics to match fabric I brought with me.  As I was entering and getting ready to take a picture,  I met this cute gentleman sitting out front smoking his pipe and told him he would be in my blog and he chuckled.  He started chatting with Johnny and he and his wife traveled the country and she too had to hit as many quilt shops as she could. He warned me that the place was much larger than it looked from the outside.  So inside I went.........................


I'm sorry but for now you will have to check facebook or wait till I return for pictures.  I am having trouble loading pictures from my laptop.  I may try on Johnny's tomorrow.  But for now you will have to wait.


Second quilt shop was Country Quilts N Bears.  Smaller than the first and has a totally different style.  More country and civil war fabrics.  And a variety of others.  Plus one of the ladies that works there is a bear maker. I was very impressed in all the bears sitting around the shop. They were every size color and shape.


I highly recommend both places if you are in the Tampa area.  Friendly employees willing to assist you look for fabric. In both shops I found most of the fabrics I was looking for and a new fabric for a spring purse.


Tomorrow starts the RV Show and we plan to go there a couple times.  So maybe Thursday morning I will go sew with the ladies for a few hours.  Then we can chill a little and then go back to the show Friday when we meet up with friends from work.  Hopefully we will go out to dinner together and they can come back and see our RV and meet the girls. Now I need to stop writing and watch my favorite Tuesday Show.  NCIS.......LOVE Gibbs and Tony.

No comments:

Post a Comment