Tuesday, May 27, 2014

We arrive in Memphis and This Happens

Our first day out took us about 5 1/2 hours.  We stopped first at Pilot to gas up which took a while since we are now in the truck lanes and have to wait our turn....then off we go west bound on I40. The girls are doing much better this trip.  Daisey next to me on the chair and Lacey on my lap.  Around 1pm we stopped at a rest stop to walk dogs, stretch our legs and I made lunch.  Then we were off again.

So we arrive at about 4:00 pm at Yogi Bear's Jellystone RV Park, hook up electric, walk dogs and the sky opens up.  REALLY ????? Is this how it's going to be?






After a long downpour I was able to walk the dogs. Little puddles were like a lake to Lacey and her legs and feet were soaked.  After their walk Johnny wanted to go for another rib dinner and this time to the Rendezvous Restaurant. Very famous for their dry ribs.  Ok I'm not into ribs like Johnny is so I order chicken.  Now I'm going to be a food snob......first I don't like dry rub.....second I don't like any food that has too much heat, and third I don't like vinegar base bar b q sauce. The dry rub was too hot for me, and the coleslaw even had this hot rub season in it. So I didn't eat much of my chicken, especially since it was also too dry. Then they served cold dinner rolls and when we asked for butter, the waitress (named Joanna) says. We don't serve butter with our rolls. The atmosphere was great and so was the service, but I couldn't wait to get home to find something to eat.  I like my ribs and sauce better.  And Johnny also admitted he wasn't crazy about the ribs.  We like sweet sauce with wet ribs. Lesson learned. No more dry ribs.....

No comments:

Post a Comment