Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Grand Canyon

Sunday, 6/8

Our morning starts slow.....Daisey slept with me on the couch all night and did fine. When we woke up I took her out, walked her just a little and brought her in. I made a small breakfast and we decided to take a ride just south of here to a town called Tusayan and see what was there. It's 10 miles south on 64. Well it was a small town and early in the morning on a Sunday...Johnny wanted to find a car wash and gas station and he didn't realize there are no car washes around. So we decided to drive 50 south back to Williams.  Gas stations, car wash and the great restaurant we ate breakfast in had a wonderful Hot Roast Beef Sandwich.  Wish we could bring this restaurant back home with us.

On our return ride back we stop at a neat gift shop area that had vintage cars. We took pictures and then went next door to another gift shop that has more cars and sculptures made from metal. Angie's Murphy would have loved the wagons that were there.

We have returned to our coach and I am attempting to let Daisey out on the floor and she is really scared.  I'm hoping that she is relating the pain she had with areas in the coach and just needs to get confidence that she won't be hurt. I have her on the couch with me again and it took her about 20 minutes to calm down.

We have called ahead to Monument Valley and made reservations in Goulds Camp Ground for 2 nights.  Then we may plan our trip to start home and stop in Branson, MO. We cut our stay here in the Grand Canyon 1 night. We have been to almost everything. Our Sunset was not great as the smoke from the North Rim Fires came in and dulled the colors.  So we are done for the day.  I hope to grill burgers tonight and just enjoy the rest of the day relaxing, napping, laundry, and sewing.

Oh....did I tell you.....I quilted and put the binding on my two new RV Placemats.  On my little Janome.  Came out great. Now I'm sewing up the clothes to my little people ornaments..........later

No comments:

Post a Comment