Sunday, June 1, 2014

Not A Way To Start The Day

Sunday,  6/1

I woke up at 5:30 am this morning and just had to get up.  I walked the girls in the dark and came in to start coffee........OH NO!!!!!!!!  The dang coffee pot died.  You must have coffee to start your day. I had to heat up water in the microwave and pour it thru the pot.  Not too bad.  It had to do for now.  We went up the road some and stopped at a Pilot for gas and went into the Denny's for breakfast. When we stop we will look for a place to buy another coffee pot.

The rain has stopped and last night the wind picked up. Now I'm not complaining, but do you have any idea what it's like driving in 20-30 MPH winds.  Wellllllllllll you get blown all over the place.  But I must admit, that either the winds were not as bad or this new diesel pusher and the other stuff Hubby added to it has helped.  Little Lacey hates walking in the wind. It blows her hair flat against her face.  And it almost knocks her over. So we started out again at 7 am and headed towards New Mexico.  Hubby wasn't sure he wanted to stop in Albuquerque so we passed thru and ended in Grants. Population 6,000. This town and KOA is actually sitting on a lava flow from a small volcano 45 miles away. Hope to take and post pictures. No grass growing here so I have to walk to girls on hot pebbles.  I will walk them quickly and wait till the sun goes down and it's a little cooler. There is only a small Walmart here which didn't have the coffee pot hubby wanted.  So we will improvise again in the morning and wait till we land in Flagstaff.  The manager Susan is cooking a dinner special tonight, so again I decided to take advantage of a Turkey/dressing/green beans/mash potatoes with apple pie for dessert special. I do plan to cook while in Flagstaff and the Grand Canyon. 

After we arrived while Johnny was talking with the manager I went on to walk the girls and put Daisey inside to calm her down and walked over to join the conversation a while. When we went to go inside our coach, the door was jam stuck shut.  DRAT!!!!! Everything so far, with the exception of Daisey's health has been going great.  Now this happens.  I know all of you have been waiting for something to go wrong. I almost started crying.......not this....Daisey is inside, with the air on and we are outside in the hot sun....I got one of the guys who worked here and him and hubby pushed hard on the door and it opened.  But you can see it's starting to have a problem. Now we have to be very careful of closing the door. And I think keep the driver window unlocked just incase I have to climb in.

No comments:

Post a Comment