Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Off To See The Canyon

Friday, 6/6

Up before the sun again, but this time I refuse to go outside with Lacey till it's light out.  With all the different animals walking around here I want to be able to see them.

We all finally get up, Daisey is carried out to pee and returns to her room. She eats ok and takes her meds.  I do a few very small loads of laundry, and then make Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches outside on my griddle for lunch. Then we are off to see the Canyon.  The free shuttle picks you up at the entrance to the camp ground but we drive to the first stop. It's where the big grocery store is. So we hop the shuttle and drive from look out to look out.  Shuttles come every 10 minutes so you can take as long as you want. This is so much better than driving your own car.  They are air conditioned well so you could skip a stop if you want to ride and cool off.  We passed the cabin we stayed in 20+ years ago and the barn where the mule are kept. A few of the stops have toilets and one has a gift shop.  We ride around for a few hours and return to the coach to check on the girls. This time when Daisey is taken out she takes one step, yelps and wants Johnny to pick her up. So back to her room she goes and I decided to feed the girls and then take a nap.

We are 7,000+ feet above sea level so it does make you tired more with less oxygen and it is hot and no humidity.  My skin is so dry and my eyes and throat.  You must keep drinking water.

We decided to eat at the cafe near us for dinner which was really good.  Only thing was we saw on the menu small dinner salad .06. So we each took a salad. When we go to the register it was by the pound. Johnny's salad cost $5. What???????

We are back at the coach resting....I'm working on my ornaments. I tried to paint a face  to see how cute it is, but I really need the face to be sewed and stuffed.  I am sewing the clothes up and they will be ready. I can also sew the clothes and just have to stuff little bodies.  Nothing on tv now so sewing will be done while we are here.

No comments:

Post a Comment