Thursday, June 5, 2014

Tuesday and Wednesday, 6/3 and 6/4

Tuesday seems to be a blur to me.  We were just so worried about Daisey's health.  We headed to Petsmart to buy a new toy to see if she would respond and we wound up talking to a dog trainer who gave us some ideas and suggested we call a vet.  He gave us the name to his Vet in the area, and we came back to make calls. First to ours and then to the local one.  We wound up taking her to a third Vet as the others were all booked.  They did blood and X Rays and saw more discs in her back injured.  We were given meds and she was put on complete bed rest for four to five days. Great, try to keep an active Yorkie from jumping on the couch......came up with the idea of putting the playpen in the living room for her. So that's where she's been since.  Her bed, food, water and pee pee pad. The meds made her sleepy so she really didn't want to come out. Seems like she knew this was what she needed.  We would pick her up occasionally to get her out to pee, but I'm guessing the pain was bad cause she would come right to us to be picked up and go back to her bed.  I slept on the couch with her, keeping the leash on so she couldn't jump off. She did really well. Here she is confined to her playpen in the living room area.  She knew she had to rest and never cried to come out. She has everything she needs in there including pee pee pad.  She is such a good patient.

 
I spent the rest of the day doing laundry and house cleaning which was needed bad. Even though I do have a washer and dryer, I have not kept up with laundry as I packed enough of everything for 10 days. So I decided to do big loads in the laundry room.

Wednesday we decided to drive down to Williams for the morning and have breakfast and walk around. Great breakfast was had at a really nice restaurant. We walked around and Johnny wound up buying some stuff and I a small bag to just carry water and money while I walk around the Canyon taking pictures. Then I went into a wonderful art gallery which had great artists from different mediums of painting to fiber art, metal, glass jewelry. To see it and the artists go to www.thegalleryinwilliams.com.  There was also a doll maker Sherry Jacobs...www.etsy.com/shop/MyArtsyFartsySelf.
She make wonderful art dolls like the ones I use to make before moving up to Tennessee.  Then my last stop was a cute quilt shop where I bought a yard of Route 66 fabric and a pattern.  Fabric out here is now $15 a yard. So I will be very choosy at what I buy.

The rest of the day was spent cleaning, laundry and sitting with another couple talking outside comparing stories of the Motorhomes.  You think We had problems.  This couple say they go to open cabinet doors and they fall off, drawer fronts come unglued and they have a switch and panel that they have no idea what it's for.  Noting in all their books shows it and when they call their service, no one returns phone calls.  At least Tiffing calls you back and the service guys are wonderful to us.

These Stellar Jays were all over the Camp Ground. Related to our Blue Jay, they are a little brighter in color and have the darker heads. Big birds, musical and not afraid of anyone.


 

So the rest of the evening I will spend starting to pack up a little as we leave for the Grand Canyon in the morning. On this time we don't have to leave at 7 am as we are only 2 hours away and we can't check in too early.

I'll let you know when we get there.......later. Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment