Friday, June 13, 2014

Thursday, 6/12

Well we are leaving hot and dry Monument Valley.  Got an early start and started heading south.  We were not sure how far we would make it.  This is the first time that I actually got Lacey off my lap and in her bed while traveling.  Guess she got tired of me constantly putting her in the bed every time I needed to get up or move. It even gave me a chance to sit a little sideways and take the pressure off my sore hip.  Sure hope she continues to travel in her bed from now on.

Well we are back in Albuquerque, at another KOA. It's very clean, but still no grass. All pavement and pebbles and extremely hot for dogs to walk on. So I will try to wait till there is more shade between RVs to walk them.  I told Johnny to go lay down and we all took another nap. Now I really understand why there are siestas. It is too hot in the afternoon to do anything but sleep. I must be getting too old to walk around or sit outside in the heat of the day.  I really miss my cool, rainy, Tennessee.

It's funny with all the problems we have had with our RV, our friends who are in Yellowstone have had their hoses freeze at night because it's dropping to the 30's. They also can't get their outside steps to go in and have to push them in and the driver has to go in the drivers side. They also had a rock hit their windshield and put a crack in it that was growing. I think they were able to get someone to come out and stop the crack from growing till they get home. So see it happens to all of us.  So that's it for the night....trying to find a repeat on tv the I haven't seen over 50 times.  Wonder where we will land tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment