Saturday, June 14, 2014

Saturday, 6/14

Johnny decided to hit the road and fight the wind.  Some areas are worse than others.  It has become a fight at times for him holding the steering wheel.  But still this coach rides much better than our gas coach did and even the dogs are much more comfortable.

I made us stop at a KOA before Oklahoma City so we can catch 44 north then 65 south to Branson, MO. The Branson map we have makes the area look huge when it really isn't. I decide to call the KOA there and get directions.  Good thing I did.  First the town is a smaller strip than I thought and the KOA is 4 miles from 65. I get directions because I am told the GPS will take you on a dirt road.
So off we go for 4 nights to relax a day and then see some sights.
Hope the drive there is better than today's drive. This KOA we are at has a restaurant here and we have decided no cooking. Anyhow I am getting short on food so may have to look for a grocery store or try to hold out till Memphis and hit Walmart.

I just hope the winds dies down so we can get a good night sleep. Daisey has decided not to eat dinner. She's a little stressed today. Poor baby...I wish I could make it better. Although she is traveling great sitting next to me.  Even Lacey is starting to stay more in her bed than on my lap....

No comments:

Post a Comment